Many Access Control systems offer a muster functions. In the case of an emergency then accounting for personnel is an increasingly critical task. SMI provide a number of solutions to this.
- Using a mobile device to act as a Muster reader for the existing Access Control system
- Stand-alone solutions – using data fed from the existing system. Useful if the building is actually on fire and the existing system cannot be accessed.
- The system is designed to accept data from the core access control system – and then allows the muster to be performed entirely independently of that system.
- Data can be accepted from a wide range of access control systems – and virtually all card types are supported.
- Cloud Based systems – what if the main access control system is in fact down – or you wish to monitor the situation from a remote location
The cloud based system takes transactions from the core access control system and puts them in a cloud portal. In this way the site occupancy is monitored in real time. In the event of an incident and the core access control system being available the Muster is completed using mobile devices – with complete visibility of who is or isn’t accounted for