At SMI Global Ltd we are committed to protecting your personal information. We value your support and respect your privacy.
We may gather information about individuals or businesses who visit/use our website and/or our applications, in order to help improve the services that we supply.
What information we collect and how
You may choose to supply us with personal information when submitting an enquiry. We collect and securely store any personal information you supply to us and retain it in accordance with our retention policy.
Personal information is any information that can be used to identify you. Generally, this information may include your name, email or postal address, date of birth, and any preferences you have expressed to us about your interests or how you would like to be contacted.
Some information on how people interact with our website is monitored using Google Analytics. This information remains anonymous and helps us to make our website easier to use and more helpful to the people who visit it. We may also collect the number given to your computer or device on the internet, known as an Internet Protocol (IP) address when you interact with us online.
We do not usually collect sensitive personal data about our customers, staff or third parties who we are working with, unless there is a clear reason for us to do so. Sensitive information such as health information may be collected if we need to provide support and resources for you. If you choose to share this information with us, we will always treat it sensitively.
We will not share personal information without your consent, unless we are legally obligated to do so.
Depending upon your use of this site, we may collect some or all of the following personal and non-personal data:
- [Date of birth;]
- [Email address;]
- [Telephone number;]
- [Business name;]
- [Job title;]
- [Payment information;]
- [Information about your preferences and interests;]
- [IP address];
- [Web browser type and version;]
- [Operating system;]
- [A list of URLs starting with a referring site, your activity on this site, and the site you exit to;]
- Project/Enquiry specific information such as:
- Access Control system and version
- Size of database
- Credential type
- Project name & location
How we use this information
The data we collect is used to help us improve the information supplied to visitors to our website and the services and products that we provide to individual clients or stakeholders.
We will only use this information to:
- Provide you with the information or service you have requested
- For internal administrative purposes and to let you know about changes to our services or policies
- Keep you up-to-date with our business and opportunities
- Improve our service to you
The use of your information enables us to keep you informed about our services.
We may also analyse your information and feedback to improve the services we provide. We use traffic analysis tools to evaluate website traffic, in order to help us continually improve the design, content and layout of pages.
Under the GDPR, we must always have a lawful basis for using personal data. This may be because the data is necessary for our performance of a contract with you, because you have consented to our use of your personal data, or because it is in our legitimate business interests to use it. Your personal data [will] OR [may] be used for [one of] the following purposes:
- [Providing and managing your Account;]
- [Providing and managing your access to this site;]
- [Personalising and tailoring your experience on this site;]
- [Supplying our [products] AND/OR [services] to you. Your personal details are required in order for us to enter into a contract with you.]
- [Personalising and tailoring our [products] AND/OR [services] for you.]
- [Communicating with you. This may include responding to emails or calls from you.]
- [Supplying you with information by [email] AND/OR [post] that you have opted-in to (you may unsubscribe or opt-out at any time by emailing to either of the company directors: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org)]
- [Analysing your use of this site (and gathering feedback) to enable us to continually improve this site and your user experience.]
With your permission and/or where permitted by law, we may also use your personal data for marketing purposes, which may include contacting you by [email] AND/OR [telephone] AND/OR [text message] AND/OR [post] with information, news, and offers on our [products] AND/OR [services]. You will not be sent any unlawful marketing or spam.
We will always work to fully protect your rights and comply with our obligations under the GDPR and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003, and you will always have the opportunity to opt-out.
Third Parties (including SMI’s business and commercial partners and suppliers) whose content appears on this site may use third-party Cookies. Please note that we do not control the activities of such third parties, nor the data that they collect and use themselves, and we advise you to check the privacy policies of any such third parties.
Cookies are small text files placed on your computer by websites you visit. They are widely used to make websites work more efficiently for visitors, and to provide information to the owners of the website. Some of the cookies we use are essential in order for parts of our website to operate, and to help us evaluate and improve our website. We do not access any information stored in cookies placed on your machine by other websites.
We only use opt-in marketing and will never distribute your information to third parties without your express consent, nor will we ever sell your information to third parties.
You have the right to request to see all personal data that we hold about you. If you would like to exercise this right, or have any concerns about the personal data held on you, please let us know. Any personal data that you inform us is incorrect will be amended or deleted, as appropriate.
You can check, change or update your details and preferences with us at any time using the contact details at the top of this page.
Security and Retention
Protecting your personal information is very important to us. We take great care in the selection and implementation of appropriate security measures and controls, to keep your data protected and safe.
We do not sell, rent or share your information with external organisations. In the execution of our work, we may require trusted partners and service providers to work on our behalf. Any partners or service providers working on behalf of SMI Global Ltd will only have access to the information they need.
We will not keep your personal data for any longer than is necessary for the performance of any contract between us or for the specific purpose for which it was collected or as may be required by law.
Under the GDPR, you have the following rights, which we will always work to uphold:
- The right to access the personal data we hold about you.
- The right to have your personal data rectified if any of your personal data held by us is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to be forgotten, i.e. the right to ask us to delete or otherwise dispose of any of your personal data that we have.
- The right to restrict (i.e. prevent) the processing of your personal data.
- The right to object to us using your personal data for a particular purpose or purposes.
- The right to data portability. This means that, if you have provided personal data to us directly, we are using it with your consent or for the performance of a contract, and that data is processed using automated means, you can ask us for a copy of that personal data to re-use with another service or business in many cases.
- Rights relating to automated decision-making and profiling. We do not use your personal data in this way.
- If you have any cause for complaint about our use of your personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.